Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring is here!!














Jake and I spent this last weekend in our yard getting it ready for the summer.  We planted flowers, moved shrubs, leveled the grass, spread a yard of dyno dirt and scalped the lawn.  The picture of the back yard with all the square muddy spots are from my job, I used a tamper and pressed down all the high spots so we can mow those areas this year without putting 4wd wheels on the mower!!!  Wow- we did a lot but it was worth the hard work and hopefully we will have great green grass in a few weeks to play on.  Jacob loved the whole event from sunrise to sunset and was working very hard right next to Jake and I.  Last summer Jacob's favorite Friday morning event was mowing the lawn with Jake, or should I say, on Jake's back.   We have a carrier for when we go hiking and it was awesome to mow the lawn with him but I think that sweet tradition may have passed because now he enjoys mowing behind Jake with his small mower.   We thought Brooks may like it but let's be honest, he is not a light kid weighing in at almost 30 himself!  I am very happy to have the warm sun around again and listening to the boys in the yard playing.  What was Brooks doing while we worked?  Practiced his walking, riding his bike and... sleeping in his swing.  I think he may take after me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

too bad you don't have more snow. then we could REALLY see if he takes after you. :)